Monitoring ICE Charging Practices
in the Immigration Court
Wednesday, December 7, 2011, 2:00pm EST
Speakers: Professors Susan B. Long and David Burnham, TRAC Co-Directors
- What does the government mean when it says it is targeting "criminals" for deportation?
- Criminal Court system versus Immigration Court system: two distinct worlds
- Defining "deportable" criminal offenses
- TRAC data: case-by-case records on all Immigration Court proceedings versus case-by-case
records on federal criminal prosecutions
- TRAC report series: Monitoring new ICE deportation order requests in Immigration Court
- Demonstration of accompanying TRAC User App:
- Various ways of accessing TRAC's data
- TRAC needs your feedback (see webinar evaluation questions)
- What was most helpful/not helpful?
- Suggestions to improve User Apps
- Suggestions for additional webinars on TRAC data