Putting TRAC to Work
  News Organizations
The Monitor
November 30, 2014

Editorial: Fixes needed to federal immigration court system

A report by Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse of Syracuse University found that as of June 30, 2014, EOIR immigration courts had 375,503 pending cases. Of these, 41,641, or 11 percent, were juvenile. The remaining 333,862 cases, or 89 percent, were adult cases, according to the report. Some of these cases had been pending since 2005 and have been rolled over year after year with little action. This caseload is up from 350,330 cases pending at the end of fiscal 2013

Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse, Syracuse University
Copyright 2014
TRAC TRAC at Work TRAC TRAC at Work News Organizations News Organizations